Swedish massage uses softer strokes on the bonier and more delicate parts of the body, and stronger strokes where there is thicker muscle coverage. This sensitivity to pressure makes it ideal for relaxation.
Besides the calming benefits, Swedish massage is thought to be good for:
- easing muscular strain by flushing out toxins
- improving circulation by increasing oxygen flow in the blood
- helping to keep ligaments and tendons supple
- stimulating the nervous system
- reducing emotional and physical stress.
Swedish Massage £ 30-1 hour or £45 - 90 minutes